I just threw this lil salad together cause I'm traveling for the weekend to visit my sister and had some Smoked Salmon and Arugula in my fridge that was not going to wait for me to come back so I could eat it so... this came to life and it's BEAUTIFUL.
- Arugula (you can use any greens that you like, it's honestly a preference. I'll regularly go for earthy bitter greens, like arugula, spinach, and red lettuces)
- Parmesan (any good Pecorino Romano, Parm, or Goat-milk Manchego will pair GREAT with our choice of greens and protein.)
- Egg yolk (I boiled my egg for about 4-5 minutes, and ate the egg white with tabasco sauce and a pinch of salt. You can ALSO cure them in sugar and salt, 1:1 ratio, (which means 1 to 1, so, this means equal parts sugar and salt for at LEAST 24 hours.))
- CAPERS (this is NOT optional. sorry not sorry, just do it.)
- Olive oil (I love to eat Raw Extra Virgin Olive Oil on my salads, it gives it an extra layer of flavor.)
- Balsamic Vinegar (I find that the longer it's been aged, the better the taste.)
- Salt and pepper, ALWAYS season.
Dress your greens with a good drizzle of both olive oil and balsamic, season with salt and pepper, to evenly coat. Shave some Parm and give it another mixy-mix. Add your smoked salmon, egg yolk and finish off with a pinch of pepper and shaved Parmesan.
Now, G E T IT bby <3