- Cooked beets (if you don't have time for all the hassle, I recommend you buy cooked beets at Costco, a real-life saver)
** look for hack below recipe**
- Goat Cheese (or Feta, I love both)
- Chopped Pecans (you can use any nut, but I highly recommend you try it with Pecans)
- Chopped Fresh Basil (if you find sweet basil, BUY IT, worth it)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard (or any mustard really)
- 2 tsp dried crumbled oregano
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
Whisk until well combined.
Slice your cooked beets VERY thin, almost like the size of a quarter type thing, you know what I mean... you'll need a SHARP knife for this so be careful! (Or you can just use a Mandolin, so much easier).
Next, place your beautifully sliced beets on a serving plate and top with your goat cheese, chopped pecans, chopped fresh basil and dress GENEROUSLY with your sweet and tangy vinaigrette.
**HACK** If you bought already cooked beets from the store because you didn't have time, grab a baking sheet, drizzle 'em with olive oil, salt, pepper, seasonings of choice, pop 'em in the over at 450F for 8-12 minutes (depending on your oven). You're welcomesssssssss <3